Ivy Health & Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd. and Ivy Healthcare Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd (referred to as “we”
) is the author and publisher of the website www.ivyhospital.com (referred to as “Website”
) on the world wide web as well as other software and applications provided by Ivy, including but not limited to the mobile applications (referred to as “App”
, and together with Websites referred to as “Services”). Ivy provides the Services in partnership with its agents, affiliates, associates, representatives or other third parties (together referred to as “Partners”
) explains how we collect, use, share and protect personal information about the Users of the Services (jointly and severally referred to as “you”
Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “SPI Rules”); and
Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
- The type of information collected from the Users, including sensitive personal data or information;
- The purpose, means and modes of usage of such information; and
- How and to whom we will disclose such information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you access the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact data (such as your email address and phone number);
- Demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code);
- Data regarding your usage of the services and history of the appointments and other transactions made by or with you through the use of Services;
- Health or medical data (such as your past medical history and conditions, diagnostic reports, prescriptions and medication history)
- Insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan); and
- Other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters, your work details, your family details)
The information collected from you by Ivy may constitute ‘personal information’ or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules. Personal information is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, whi ch, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “sensitive personal data or information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as personal information or sensitive personal data or information .
- financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- biometric information;
- information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- Call data records
All the information provided to us by a User, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. You understand that Ivy, either itself or with its Partners, may use certain information of yours, which has been designated as ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules, (a) for the purpose of providing you the Services, (b) for commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non- personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, for (c) for sale or transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to our Partners. Ivy also reserves the right to use information provided by or about the User for the following purposes:
- Publishing such information on the Website.
- Contacting Users for offering new products or services.
- Contacting Users for taking product and Service feedback.
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing anonymized information for commercial use.
- You hereby consent to such use of such information by Ivy and our Partners.
Users’ personally identifiable information, which they choose to provide on the Website or App is used to help the Users describe/identify themselves. Other information that does not personally identify the Users as an individual, is collected by Ivy or our Partners from Users (such as, patterns of utilization described above) and is exclusively owned by Ivy or its partners. We or our Partners may also use such information in an aggregated or non personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties. In particular, we and our Partners reserve with us the right to use anonymized User demographics information and anonymized User health information for the following purposes:
- Analyzing software usage patterns for improving product design and utility.
- Analyzing such information for research and development of new technologies.
- . Using analysis of such information in other commercial product offerings of Ivy or our Partners.
- Sharing analysis of such information with third parties for commercial use.
- You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on your profile information page on the Websites or App or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or Ivy has reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, Ivy may, at its sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you.
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through email@example.com. We will retain your information for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you the Services. We shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us or our Partners as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively or improve the Services, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
- Ivy may require the User to pay with a credit card, debit card, net banking or other online payment mechanisms for Services for which an amount(s) is/are payable. Ivy does not collect or store User’s credit card number and/or other financial institution information such as bank account numbers and the payments are processed by the payment gateway provider or the merchant processor directly. Verification of credit information, is accomplished solely by the User through the authentication process offered by a third party payment gateway. Ivy does not store the user’s credit-card/debit card details. User is advised, however, that internet technology is not full proof safe and User should exercise discretion on using the same.
- Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when a User or or anyone who visits the Website, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which anyone visits. We also receive the Internet Protocol (IP) address of each User’s computer (or the proxy server a User used to access the World Wide Web), User’s computer/ device operating system and type of web browser the User is using, email patterns, as well as the name of User’s ISP. This information is used to analyze overall trends to help Ivy improve its Service. The linkage between User’s IP address and User’s personally identifiable information may be available to us or our Partners but is not shared with other third parties. Notwithstanding the above, we may share some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data) in anonymized form (i.e., non-personally identifiable) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow our business.
- In order to have access certain features and benefits on our Website or App, a User must first create an account on our Website or App. To create an account, a User is required to provide the following information, which such User recognizes and expressly acknowledges is personal information allowing others, including Ivy, to identify the User: name, Hospital ID, email address, address, date of birth, gender, phone number chosen by the User. Other optional information may be requested on the registration page. We may, in future, include other optional requests for information from the User to help us to customize the Services to deliver personalized information to the User. However, We assume your consent in relation to various matters, once you complete the registration process.
- Our Websites and the App may include social media Features, such as the Facebook button. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
- If you are using the Websites or App, with your permission, we will use the geolocation feature of your mobile device or same or similar feature of the device you are using to access the Websites. When you download and use the App, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier. Ivy and our Partners do not share your location information with other any third party. You may opt out of location based services on your mobile phone by changing the relevant/ applicable setting at your device level.
- Ivy has implemented best international market practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that it has under its control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services, Ivy or its Partners shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
- Ivy ensures it and its partners implement reasonable security practices and procedures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of Ivy’s business. The reasonable security practices and procedures implemented by us include but are not limited to: encrypting data when it is on the move using industry standard practices, regularly changing production keys and password, secure access to all production servers, performing regular security updates on our servers and more.
- To the extent necessary to provide Users with the Services, Ivy may provide their personal information to third party contractors who work on behalf of or with Ivy to provide Users with such Services, to help Ivy communicate with Users or to maintain the Website or App. Generally these contractors do not have any independent right to share this information, however certain contractors who provide services on the Website, including the providers of online communications services, will have rights to use and disclose the personal information collected in connection with the provision of these Services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- Your Personal Information is maintained by Ivy in electronic form on its or its employees and Partners equipment. Such information may also be converted to physical form from time to time. We take necessary precautions to protect your personal information both online and off-line, and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the information being collected and the nature of Ivy’s business.
- No administrator at Ivy will have knowledge of your password. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone or device. Be sure to log off from the Website when finished. Ivy and its Partners do not undertake any liability for any unauthorized use of your account and password. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify Ivy by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You shall be liable to indemnify Ivy, its employees and Partners due to any loss suffered by them due to such unauthorized use of your account and password.
- Ivy makes all User information accessible to its employees only on a need-to-know basis.
- Part of the functionality of the Services is assisting the patients, customers and other stakeholders (like doctors, labs, pharmacies, customer care executives and others) to access information relating to them. Ivy may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to the relevant patients, their doctors or other stakeholders.
- Notwithstanding the above, Ivy is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your personal information by our Partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such Partners and third parties. Further, Ivy and its Partners shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of Ivy and its Partners including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service or telephone service of the User etc.
If a User uses the Services or accesses the Website or uses the App after a notice of changes has been sent to such User or published on the Website, such User hereby provides his/her/its consent to the changed terms.
CONSENT TO THIS POLICY
ADDRESS FOR PRIVACY QUESTIONS
If you have any grievance with respect to our use of your information, you may communicate such grievance to:
Vice President (Commercial),
Ivy Health & Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.,
Ivy Hospital, Admin Wing
Sector 71 Mohali (Punjab)